Friday 15 June 2012

My-Oh-My... How Time Flies.

Today, my Bubba turns one month old and already, it is plain to see, just how much he has changed since he made his début into this weird and wonderful world.

I cannot account for where the days, or weeks have gone. But they have gone; disappeared and it seems that I was not looking. One might expect a tale about poopy diapers and nights of endless wailing and feedings. However, I think I shall bore you with those another time. Right now though, it saddens me a little to actually realise, just how fast he has grown and how quickly my kids have gone from being our sweet and incapable baby-loves of delightful chubbiness, into walking, talking opinionated individuals in their own right.

Blurring Moments: Breastfeeding joy!
Although little Dray hasn't changed so entirely; he still needs closeness to drift off to sleep and still has all the basic needs of a newborn. Its just that he has lost that shrivelled, prune-like look in his face and body. All of which I absolutely love; in fact he gets better looking by the week. The fact that I see my baby boy grow and flourish before my very eyes is the greatest thing in the world.

It is the visual, physical change I see in him that reminds me in no time at all, he will be just as crazy and energetic as Eden, as independent as Lydia and out he will be to nursery. Before I even blink he'll be full grown and hanging out at bars with friends until the time comes when he is making that eternal pledge of love to his wife... Yes, I am the crazy mother who clings to all things sentimental.

For right now though, I have my baby and all that matters is my children grow into healthy and productive members of society. Alas, a part of me senses the end of our baby-moon is soon to be, upon the horizon.

1 comment:

  1. ". . .and hanging out at bars with friends until the time comes when he is making that eternal pledge of love to his wife... Yes, I am the crazy mother who clings to all things sentimental." - Tessa Storm

    *Face Palm.* Wifey. Why?! Just. Why?!

    ReplyDelete