Sunday 8 November 2015

M.A.C Viva Glam I Lipstick and Brick Lip Pencil


I love lipsticks by MAC Cosmetics, if not solely, for their vanilla scent. They smell seriously delicious. I recently picked up MAC's 'Viva Glam I' lipstick and on their websites recommendation, a lip pencil in the shade 'Brick'.

Viva Glam is a rich, medium-dark, old Hollywood kind of red with some subtle hues of brown, which gives it a muted cool feel. I love this shade so much that I've worn it on multiple occasions already (including the school run with the kids).


Classic Black: Sleek MAC packaging at its finest.
Little Bullet



I've wore this lipstick practically the entire day. Between running errands, coffee breaks, lunch, work and a school run, I only had to reapply once! The light matte feel was reassuring in the sense that I wasn't constantly topping up. Only negative is that, despite its staying power, it can smudge a little if you're not careful. Give me a dark lipstick that doesn't smudge and I'd be eternally happy. Currently on the market for a burgundy lip.


I liked the liner, although I don't know if I'd use it with every application as I think the lipstick lasts well enough on its own. But Brick does compliment Viva Glam I perfectly and they blend well together, so if you were conflicted over what lip liner to choose then, I'd say, Brick is definitely the one.


Viva Glam I is the right shade of 'sultry vamp' meets 'red carpet glamour'. I like the fact that this lipstick gives my look a darker edge than, say, a strikingly bright red. I can wear it during the day with neutral eyes or at night with a more smoky look. It's flexible and allows for you to dress it up or down. Viva Glam I gets a definite recommendation.

My complexion is fair with a slight undertone of yellow and this lipstick suits me just fine. Combined with my long dark hair and some minimal eye make-up, you really can't go wrong.

Old Hollywood Glamour

M.A.C's Viva Glam I Lipstick

The Storm Chronicles Verdict:

Glamorous | Old Hollywood | Vamp | Statement Lips | Day-to-Night Look

No comments:

Post a Comment