Wednesday 13 June 2012

The Beginning of my Odyssey

I decided to start this blog as a collection of experiences and memories... A compilation, if you will, of all the little pieces of wisdom (my little gems), which I have accumulated over the past few years. It is in this time that I have gone on to get married and produce three beautiful children; all of whom are the absolute sum of my existence.

So, this is the beginning of my long and eventful journey into motherhood.

Baby Dray: A nursing little Bubba.

Nothing could have prepared me for the wonders of motherhood, or the sheer joy that comes with loving another. And somewhat more importantly, I have discovered a great, many things about myself. Being a mother has changed everything about the way I view life and the ways in which I conduct myself in the world. I perceive everything so very differently since having my children.

Just the other day, I said to my husband how strange it was trying to imagine life before the kids and believe me, those days were not so long ago. I cannot think of a life without them; they have been such an integral part of our lives that nothing exists outside of them. The kids are fundamental to the functioning of our day-to-day lives and our love for one another has truly cemented us as a family. In many ways motherhood has empowered me to take on the challenges in life and what I am capable of now, as a parent, is far greater than anything I thought I could achieve before I embarked upon this journey.

So, this is my journey about my own, personal thoughts and feelings as a mother, as a wife and as a conscientious thinking individual.

No comments:

Post a Comment