Monday 11 December 2017

Remembering Mum

Maureen May Kondell
16 September 1946 - 11 December 2016

Today, it has been a year but it all still feels just like yesterday. 2016 was a hard year for us and this year has felt like much of the same.Time has been at a standstill in many ways.

It's difficult to write posts like these, mainly because the memories serve up the sorrow afresh and time is never on your side. But we are only human and complete suckers for punishment. I just want to take this time to reminisce about this beautiful woman that was my mother. My mum, she was a soft creature with the gentlest nature. She was generous and forgiving. She was genuinely good to everyone but she was the sweetest on her grandchildren. I'm honoured to have had both her and my dad know his grandchildren and to see them live on in our own children. Such a beautiful reminder of how in the face of loss we find life flourishing. We love you, mum.

No comments:

Post a Comment