Monday 10 July 2017

Remembering Dad

Vibert George Kondell
26 November 1938 - 10 July 2016

It has been one whole year since my father passed away last July 10th. And not a day goes by where I haven't thought about him or missed him deeply. And we talk about him often. Sharing stories and living briefly in a memory seems, to me, to be be a good form of pain therapy.

Many friends who have lost loved ones, dear ones, precious ones... Have all said to me in recent times, that you never really get over it, you simple learn to live with the pain of loss. To manage and mediate it in between living and remembering. I can't say that they are wrong. Because there is everything that is right about that statement. It rings home in all the ways that I wish it didn't because it is just another confirmation of the fact that all we have left now are bittersweet memories and poignant stories, shifting recollections and heartwarming saddened smiles.

No comments:

Post a Comment