Saturday 31 October 2015

A Stormy Halloween!

We had a relatively low-key Halloween this year despite the holiday falling on a weekend AND during our half-term break - so, while we didn't get all vamped up, we did manage to hang a few decorations and bake a few cupcakes (more on those in another post) for the kids. I threw together a few party snacks and just sat back with a nice cup of tea and let our little minions have at the table.

Last year was way more productive; we went all out with the Snazaroo face paints. I wanted to create a more serious and authentic looking skull rather than the cuter sugar skull counterparts. That meant using the classic black and white paints, which were great to use on the kids' delicate skin. The husband opted for a more timely and applicable black metal look, which he pulls off smoulderingly effortlessly.



The Storms' Halloween Portraits


The Axe King
Obviously, I couldn't resist sharing some of our 'Family Halloween Portraits' from last year (2014). I really enjoyed painting everyone's faces, my own included. It was the first time I tried my hand at this, so I was pleasantly surprised.
The Storm Matriarch
The Divergent Duo

The Berserker

~ Happy Halloween ~

No comments:

Post a Comment