Thursday 23 April 2015

An Overdue Birthday Nod to Big Sis!

I probably should have posted this back in March when Susan (my sister), hit another birthday and I decided that I ought to take her out for the day to celebrate. I don't see her nearly enough throughout the year - busy lives and all that - so, this was a good opportunity to catch up with my eldest sister.

By early March, the days had already begun to warm for Spring, so we made a day of it; I took my eldest daughter, Eden, to see her auntie Sue who in turn brought mum. Eden was so happy to see her Nanna. But the real surprise was on their faces as we hadn't seen them since the new year when we visited their neck of the woods as a family. Mum looked well and in her usual high spirits despite the ups and downs with her health. I mean, looking at her, you wouldn't think that this was a lady undergoing the relatively new immunotherapy treatment for cancer. And yet there she was... Standing there, all smiles and open arms; so full of childish cheer and laughter.

We had the day ahead of us and went to the jungle that is the Westfield Shopping City in Stratford and browsed and perused all manner of shops until our feet were sore. Understandably, I was glad to sit down and eat once we decided on going to Nando's. Having ordered an appetiser of houmous and pitta with peri-peri drizzle, a whole chicken platter main, sides of chips, garlic bread, coleslaw, macho peas, corn on the cob and two bottomless drinks - I can safely say we were well fed for days to come. Although, that didn't stop our stuffed selves from moving on to even more stores but this time, we shopped for the children and, like all great aunties and nannas, showered us with gifts for all three of my Little Storms.


Full Platter Style Lunch at Nando's

Food Coma: Nando's at Westfield, Stratford City.

It was really amazing to see mum and Susan bond with Eden; they all had such a great time being in one another's company. I enjoy precious moments like these, even if it was a long and strenuous day on my poor toes. We rounded the day off with tea and coffee at Costa - oh, and a sandwich for Eden.

Tea to End the Day at Costa

Costa: I was so grateful for this cup of tea and for the stool to rest my weary self.

A Sister Selfie

Big Sis: My feet are never shopping with this woman again - not for a while at least.
In closing and once again, happy birthday, Susan - my always there big sister, second mother and a loving auntie.

No comments:

Post a Comment